Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
It presents an interface of a list of threads, which are each hierarchical collections email messages.
Threads can have multiple tags applied to them.
It supports a very fast full-text search, automatic contact-list management, custom code insertion via a Ruby hook system, and more.
If you’re the type of person who treats email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
Install the sup rubygem and run the sup-config utility to build a configuration:
$ gem install sup
More documentation on getting started is available in the wiki.
- Handle massive amounts of email.
- Fast, local full-text index of messages.
- Mix email from different sources: mbox files and maildirs.
- Instantaneously search over your entire email collection. Search over body text, or use a query language to combine search predicates in any way.
- Handle multiple accounts. Replying to email sent to a particular account will use the correct SMTP server, signature, and from address.
- Add custom code to handle certain types of messages or to handle certain types of text within messages.
- Take care of your privacy with full support of gpg.
- Organize email with user-defined labels, automatically track recent contacts, and much more!
Authors and Contributors
Sup is brought to you by a cast of hackers.